A muffcake is a muffin that really just wants to be a cupcake but doesn’t have a frosting hat.
These muffcakes are so moist and delicious and … did I mention they have zucchinis in them?! They are still muffcakes yes, but adding a little extra veg here and there can go a long way! And they seriously make these taste so much better. I think I will add zucchini to all my muffcakes from now on.
Makes 12 small-medium muffcakes.
Two cups of flour (you can use any type – I used whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons almond milk (again, use whatever milk you have)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup butter – melted
2 cups grated zucchini (I used three small ones!)
1 mashed banana
1/2 cup … plus maybe a dash more for good luck, chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg and brown sugar together until smooth and no lumps remain. Add in vanilla extract, butter and milk, whisking again until smooth, then stir in zucchini and mashed bananas. Gradually add in dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full with batter (I use a 1/4 cup measure to get the muffcakes to be of equal size).
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until tops are no longer wet and become slightly golden. Remove and let cool until comfortable to the touch.