4. Manduka Yoga Mat – any of my hardcore yogi friends will tell you Manduka is the bomb-diggity when it comes to mats, truly top of the line: $78
A great side gift here would be to take your mom to yoga or sign-up for a free trial pass at Daily Burn Yoga and sample classes from world class instructors: Free
5. Tiny Devotions Mala – beautiful and meaningful, find the mala that best suits your mom: $113
6. FREE Bod Squad classes! For mom's all next week! If you're a Bod Squader right now please e-mail me to sign your mom up for a free class with you!
It's that time of year again, Memory Ball is upon us!
Last year I went to Memory Ball and honestly it was an AMAZING night out. There was such a great energy at the event. You can't go wrong with an open bar, dancing all night long and a lot of really great people. The best part of the night for me was seeing the organizers work so hard for a cause that they truly believe in. It is my pleasure to attend every year AND I will also be donating training and Bod Squad prizes!
This weekend is your last chance to purchase tickets. You can buy them here: www.memoryball.org
Now, I need your help deciding what dress to wear! Please vote for your favourite dress below.
I've said it before and I'll say it again – I'm living in a Lululemon dream closet!
Saturday was ice fest in Yorkville and my friends at Lulu invited me to come by for the party. I wasn't in there five minutes before my eyes were completely drawn to their new spring colours. They are so bright and happy! I had to try on a few outfits!
Loved this coral number! Their new practice freely tank is super comfortable and great for days when you don't want to wear super tight clothing to the gym. This top really suits apple shaped people nicely. And look! You can see one of my favourite lemons – Sam in the mirror!
Also a big fan of the gold! The free to be tank I have on here is probably my all time favourite Lululemon style, it's just so comfortable and flatering. These pace tights are a lot cuter on than I thought they would be, the lines on the leg somehow make your legs look longer.
The green was also great! I wasn't too sure about the bum on these crops but the lines look really cool from the front.
And saved the very best for last! This outfit is the one I decided to take home with me! And the top is on sale!! The What do you think? Did I make the right choice? The great thing about shopping at Lululemon is everything looks amazing, it's hard to go wrong! I had a great time hanging out with my friends on Saturday, I love you Lululemon!! Thanks again for having me!
Have you ever come back from a run outside in the winter and not been able to feel your bum for hours because it's so cold?
Yep, that happened to me yesterday.
There's no denying the fact that winter treats our skin differently than summer does. Mine gets incredibly dry especially if I have run a lot during the week outside.
Here are the two key things saved my skin's life and make it soft as a baby's bottom!
Kate Whie – editor and chief of Cosmo magazine once gave me the ultimate piece of beauty advice. I heard her speak at the She's Connected Conference this year and her skin was aboslutely glowing. I asked her what her number one beauty tip of all time was: exfoliating. That's it! Since that talk I've been trying to remember to exfoliate weekly. I use the clairsonic on my face year-round but wintertime I take it in the shower and use as a full body exfoliate. It's amazing! Put a little bit of soap on the brush and scrub from there. You will feel like you gave your body a facial.
2. Grapeseed oil – Aura Cacia
Use this right after your shower and your skin will glow for the rest of the day.
I bought my jar at The Carrot Common a year ago and it's still 1/2 full.
Work and workouts this week have been insane! I've felt this huge creative drive to develop new exercises so that's kept my mind and body running on full tilt lately! I guess now I know how my clients feel!
Even though I've managed to slip in two amazing naps I'm still feeling like a great R & R weekend is in order.
Here's a list of some of my plans and some things I plan to swoon over browsing online in bed with a pot of tea. I freaking love my job but I also really look forward to resting up on weekends! TGIF everyone!
1. DVF: Graphic Tray: I have two major decorating obsessions: trays and tea cups. I love how versatile trays are, they work perfectly to hold flowers and books but also to serve dinners on.
2. Sex and the City: My version of classic black and white. Catching up with Ms. Bradshaw over the weekend is absolutely on my list!
3. Lululemon: Run: Reflect Crop: With the snow coming today I don't know if I will get an outdoor run in this weekend. But, these will be perfect for my pilates workout with Brittany on Sunday!
4. Nike Free: How many pairs of running shoes is too many?? I'm sure I could easily double whatever number you just thought of! But here's my rule with running shoes: I never EVER never pay retail ever. Generally I'll wait for big sales or order last years' model on amazon.com. That's the perfect thing about fitness clothing, it really never goes out of style!
5. Dior Cat Eye Sunglasses: Kind of in love with these but not sure how a cat eye shape will look on my face. My sister Lindsay totally pulls them off though so maybe I'll be able to! Looking at sunglasses makes me feel like summer is just around the corner!
6. Harry Allen Ceramics: Obsessed with this piggy bank & banana bowl! The only problem is I'll have to break the bank to afford this piggy!
7. Candles: Nothing warms up a home like a great smelling candle. After buying a few to many at an incredibly nice but expensive store starting with an A I've smartened up in my candle habits. My favourite places to find great candles are Home Sense and Indigo.